Hello?! It’s football season which means it’s ‘man cave’ season. If you have not created your testosterone-topia yet or need to update then here are the basics.
1. Ultra HD TV Set. If you haven’t made the leap then now may be the time. The price of 4K Ultra HD TVs are becoming affordable. Programming is still catching up but more and more programs are being broadcast in 4K now. So, go man cave-ing for a new 4K TV.
2. More HD TV sets. Use that old HD TV you just replaced as your secondary TV in the man cave. You can watch the big game on 4K then have the other TV on the other games so as not to waste any precious time changing channels. Go the extra man cave extreme and have one TV dedicated to the Internet to monitor your fantasy football players and matches without having to waste energy moving your head to a computer screen.
3. Comfy Couch and Recliner. Again, you may need more than just one of each as you invite your fellow knuckle-dragging pack over to scream at the TV with you. Make sure you test the furniture out first. Remember, these are the items you will be passing out on so make sure it’s the best.
4. Sturdy coffee tables and end tables. You’ll be putting a lot of beer pressure on those and will be the TV remote pedestal. Smart man cavers specifically get coffee tables a different color than the remotes. Again, it’s all about not wasting time moving your neck away from the TV screen. An easily findable remote lessens those precious moments and muscle moving during the game. It also needs to be sturdy to withstand fists slamming into it after your team throws an interception.
5. Refrigerator. One of those mini sized ones are fine but, come on, let’s get real. With a full size, you can stock up on all kinds of beers and wine. Yes. I said it – wine. Wine and football can go together. Even Cro-magnons can have an elevated sense of taste. The rest of the space inside the refrigerator, if there is any, is up to your imagination. And, I will not mention vegetables. I drew the line at wine. It’s still a man cave, dagnabbit!
6. Microwave. Gotta pop some popcorn or microwave some pizza bites. Those are kind of amateur, though. What you really need is a grill where you do it right with burgers, sausage wraps and barbecue.
7. Xbox, PS3 or Wii. Gotta do something when your team has a bye week. Duh. There’s also the other season known as “off season” where you can fill in by playing a little John Madden football.
8. Soundbar. You gonna want to hear their bones breaking and helmets crashing. Again, if you’re a true man caver then a surround sound system is the way to go.
8. Laptop/tablet/smart phone. Fantasy football updates or, better yet, skyping your friends who couldn’t cave with you because they live in a different town or are married.
9. Lamps. What?!!! You’re kidding, right. It’s called a cave for a reason.
Here are some extras for the man-cave snob.
10. An oven. It’s called Chilli. Gotta have burners to cook that dish.
11. Pool table. That’s for the twitchy guy who can’t just sit down and relax during the game.
I think that’s it. Remember, your local rent to own store fits every man cave item you need. Rent TVs just for football season or for ‘that game’. With rent to own you can try before you buy to make sure that couch is the ‘one’ couch to rule them all. Remember rent to own means rent first then, if you choose, buy so you’re never obligated to buy or make the next payment and no penalty for calling them to come pick it up
Oh! And they deliver. Man caving is about creating a kingdom. With RTO, you have servants. If any of your digital-kabobs are on the fritz during your rental, they’ll come out and fix it or give you a loaner while fixing it for free.
If you want to outright purchase but can’t afford some of these items, you can find the best used deals at rent to own stores. Most men don’t care if things are used or new. They just care they work. Or rent to own them but make sure you use the early purchase option, 90 days same as cash and rent for the least amount of time. The less payments, the less cost. And, again, your credit is never in jeopardy nor debt ever extended. Man cave and RTO can go knuckle in knuckle.
But, whatever you do. DO NOT FORGET that NFL’s opening day is on Thursday night. Not Sunday. Enough said, I’m going to check my fantasy draft rankings.
Just another great ShopRTO Home Decorating tip.