Winter is here so be prepared. So here’s some Shop RTO winter storm tips to make sure you’re ready.
First of all, know the difference between weather advisories and make sure to pay close attention to those as that will dictate your response and time needed.
Winter Storm Outlook: Winter storm conditions are possible within the next 2 to 5 days. Start checking supplies to see if you’re ready and, if not, get those necessary items.
Winter Storm Watch: Winter storm conditions possible for the next three days. Review your travel plans. Make sure you have basic items in case you’re stuck for several days or if power goes out.
Winter Weather Advisory: Winter weather conditions are expected to cause significant inconveniences. Take actions to be prepared for the worse.
Winter Storm Warning: Severe and life threatening conditions for the next 24 hours. Take precautions immediately.
Follow these check list items and prepare for the worse. And prepare for at least three days.
1. Flashlight with working batteries so make sure they’re tested prior and have extra batteries to spare.
2. Cell phones charged to maximum.
3. Warm clothes, blankets, gloves, hats,scarves, wool socks and WATER PROOF, insulated boots. Stay indoors and go outside only for emergencies.
4. Three days supplies of water, non-perishable foods that are easy to prepare.
5. Make sure your pets have 3 days supplies as well and keep them inside. And use your pets for your warmth. It’s a good excuse to snuggle with your furry ones.
5. Have radio or smart phone apps ready for weather and news updates.
6. Make sure all of your medications are filled. Have a first aid kit ready.
7. Make contact with family and friends regularly to update them so they know or can help if need be. Or register with Redcross.org to let family and friends know about your welfare.
8. Keep faucets dripping to avoid pipes bursting.
9. Make sure your car’s gas tank is full to prevent fuel lines from freezing.
Just another Shop RTO Home Lifestyle tip.